Lagunmatic CNC machine why not!

I would expect that the motor voltage would be zero if there is no torque on the motor trying to move it out of position. When at idle I would expect some jitter in the voltage around zero volts. A digital meter would read + and -.

The ''Sig'' pot would have the effect of adjusting the output by increasing (or decreasing) the effect of the command voltage. This should not be adjusted until you get the motor to actually run.

I can confirm that Kanalog is sending out a input voltage when commanded. I think its safe to rule out the Kanalog.
I can not get a voltage reading a voltage reading from the SD when commanded like the Kanalog. I guess Ill have to pull the SD out to get a better inspection. On shut down I get a flash from the voltage light just like the other two SD. Makes me think that its working. Any idea how I can test the tachometer on the servo motor?

Assuming your wiring is correct, then it's sounding like you could have a bad drive.

The tach can be tested by connecting a volt meter and turning the motor shaft. I think that one is 7 volts/1000 RPM.

Yeah I have a feeling the servo drive is damaged. It would just be my luck. Im a little leery to swap drives for testing, Id probably burn another one up....lol
I measured the tac on Z axis and with its 0 command Im getting .047v. X and Y where only .001v

I swapped amplifiers with the Y axis. Z motor turns on and seems to function just fine. It is a problem with the Z axis servo amplifier. Is there some known issues that are easy to identify? Maybe my best bet would be to find a used one off ebay?

Like a part on the ServoDynmics board known to cause problems?
It looks like my X and Y axis SD might have been replaced at some point. They are much cleaner looking have suble differnces and the serial numbers are pretty far each other. The Z axis is really really dirty in comparision and has a low serial number.

I've never had a problem with one of them, so don't know how to fix it. Used from Ebay might be a good option. Contact H-M member Jake2465, I think he has 3 spares

It could be as simple as replacing the 4 power transistors. Those should be available from any electronics supply, cheap. Get the part numbers and I'l see what I can find.

Through this whole process I found Im really good at shorting things.
I dont see any makings on the power transistors.
The MDA25 "fuse" looked like it had bad solder joints. Fixed those. When I pluged the SD back in I got some sparks. I thought it was unpluged and off. nope. It keeps popping a time delay fuse when its turned on now. Failed at that repair.
The other two SD still work. phew.
Looks like Ill be shoping for a new Servodrive.

That failure mode does indicate a shorted power transistor. I'll see what I can find, I'll check mine tomorrow. H-M Member Jake2465 may have 3 spare drives.

Back