Lagun FTV-2s

Dhal22

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a bead on an Lagun ftv-2s. Haven't seen it yet but my research indicates big, as in BIG. My gut feeling is way too big for someone with other hobbies but the price seems to be great. Thoughts or advice?

The FTV-2 is basically an FTV-1 with a bigger table( like around 10"x50"), so not too big. The FTV-3 is where the Lagun's start getting big. I have a puny FTV-1 and love it. Great machines.

I did some milling work on a friends Lagun FTV-2 and also considered getting a used one from a local shop that was selling a couple of them. It felt quite a bit bigger than the standard Bridgeport style that I have currently. They are very solid and nice mills, but the ones I saw had noisy heads and it would have been expensive to repair the Reeves drives, the Servo drives weren't working and they had enough wear that they no longer held spec. tolerance which was 0.0005". These days if you can find one is good condition not needing significant repairs in the 3.5-5K range I think it would be a could deal. I ended up with an Acra LCM-42" mill which is a bit more comfortable for me to use, there are a few times were a bigger table and a bit more head to table distance would have been nice. If the FTV-2 is in good condition and the price is right, in particular with the increased cost of new machines, I would definitely consider it.

I agree they feel, and are, beefier than a Series 1 BP. Even my FTV-1 is several hundred pounds heavier that a Bridgeport, and I really like the deeper knee, with 16" of Y-axis travel vs the 12" of the BP. The downside is parts cost. Great parts and tech support from Lagun in California, but it's expensive.

Thx guys. This mill is less than $3k with dro. Sound like I need to make the hour drive to go look at it.

I have a bead on an Lagun ftv-2s. Haven't seen it yet but my research indicates big, as in BIG. My gut feeling is way too big for someone with other hobbies but the price seems to be great. Thoughts or advice?
Very nice mill @Dhal22 . I've owned one in the past and ran one for many years without any issues . The FTV-2 has a 50" x 10" table so a little larger than a BP 9 x 48" . Heavier also , maybe 2300 lbs guessing . The one I sold is posted on here many times but it sold locally for $3100 . It had a DRO and power feeds , lights , one shot lube etc . I posted a story about who bought it also , pretty cool who he/they ended up being . Good luck in getting it , really is a nice mill . :) :encourage:

I'm a little bewildered at this point ........................................what the heii happened in my garage since then ? I wish it looked this clean and empty now-a days . :eek:

There is one by me (FTV-2) AND lathe for $1700 I just don't have room for either!:( Craigslist ..San Diego:encourage:

I would agree Dhal , good looking clean machine . What's his asking price ?

Back