King Industrial Rotary Table & Dividing head plats.

NewMachinist

Registered
Registered
I am thinking of buying these 3 items.

KING INDUSTRIAL 8 in. Horizontal and Vertical Rotary Table

Model: KC-HVRT-8
Morse Taper: MT#3
Gear Ratio: 90:1, Graduated 360°
Includes: Dual position action lock

KING INDUSTRIAL Dividing Plate No. KC-DPRT-8 For Rotary Table

KING INDUSTRIAL Tailstock No. KC-TRT-6 For Rotary Table

Does anyone have any experience with these items? Wondering about quality and the tolerances I can expect. I can get these items for about 900 CDN. Shipping included. The dividing plates apparently turn the rotary table into a dividing head which sounds good if it can really do it.

Thanks.

Colin

Hi Colin, that seems very expensive to me.
I bought an import 6" horizontal/vertical table, tailstock and dividing plates for $270 USD. While it's not Vertex or similar, quality, fit and finish is quite good.
The seller is no longer around but the similar tables are still available.
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 12.32.53 PM.png

Yes. I am new here so I was not allowed to include links in my post. I even had to remove the link in yours. 8)

As David mentioned, they are all about the same quality unless you buy a name brand. So I would shop around for the best price.

Hi Colin, that seems very expensive to me.
I bought an import 6" horizontal/vertical table, tailstock and dividing plates for $270 USD. While it's not Vertex or similar, quality, fit and finish is quite good.
The seller is no longer around but the similar tables are still available.
Thank you both. I guess a good quality brand name like King will only take you so far... :)
Thanks I will look around. I am pretty close to the border here so I can zip across to the US and save on import fees

Yes. I am new here so I was not allowed to include links in my post. I even had to remove the link in yours. 8)
The one @NCjeeper linked looks identical to mine.
For what it's worth I elected to buy the dividing plates separately as buying the table with the plates and tailstock was if I recall $100 more than buying separately.

Seem like apples and oranges; an 8 inch is not anywhere the size of a 6", to say nothing of capacity. A dividing head with an angular swivel feature may be of more value than a vert. horiz. model., which does not have the feature of screw on chucks or centers with driving capability.

I bought one from All Industrial. I just got the table. It works OK for what I needed it to do so far. It's kind of cheap though. My thought was that the Chinese ones were pretty much all the same. I don't how you can tell, but if I had to do it again I would spent more money and buy a nicer one.

To be fair, this one works, I just like nicer stuff.

Tim

Back