kinda OT- What is the story behind your screen name or moniker?

Der Zigeuner is German for Gypsy. It reminds me of the many thousands of miles I've ridden on Harley-Davidson motorcycles in my life. It's not the only screen name that I use on the internet but it's my main one. I don't think it's important to use one's real name on the inernet in any case.

For the record, I still own a Harley-Davidson and I'm still riding. :)

Its gotta be something I can remember like GK1918 a large Greaves Klusman lathe built around
1918 (I think) just like this pic sam

greaves_ad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I started out as 7018, Because i did welding and fabrication all my life. I changed my email address on PM a few years ago and couldn't post because Don was having trouble with AOL email address.

I PM him about it and he told me to get rid of the stupid numbers and sign up again. Being as all my machines are old I used Old Iron. Works for me!

Paul

Old Iron link=topic=1727.msg10672#msg10672 date=1302959489 said:
I started out as 7018, Because i did welding and fabrication all my life. I changed my email address on PM a few years ago and couldn't post because Don was having trouble with AOL email address.

I PM him about it and he told me to get rid of the stupid numbers and sign up again. Being as all my machines are old I used Old Iron. Works for me!

Paul

Gee, that's really unusual. Don (Milacron) on PM is usually so warm and helpful. It's hard to believe that he wouldn't help you out......just kidding of course... ;D

(Laughing my you-know-what off here at Zigeuner's remark)

Actually, we had a problem here with the software with people who used a nickname with a space between it where the software was rejecting it or not acknowledging the account. That was one reason I upgraded, because when you upgrade, bugs are fixed. Thank goodness that was one of the things they fixed. I had to make Frank Ford and a couple others re-register because the system kept returning an "account not found" error. As far as I know, numbers aren't a problem with SMF.

Best,

Nelson

I am a steam locomotive engineer on the Mt. Rainier ScenicRailroad. We restore and operate vintage steam logging locomotives. since the slang word for an engineer was "Hogger or Hoghead" and I'm running logging engines, it's Loggerhogger.

I wanted something that is easy and fast to type and since I am soooooo horribly dangerous to carbide, I chose High Speed Steel, HSS. Quick and easy to type, but then so is Pat, I guess.

HSS errrr Pat

A wonderful tribute to your son's sacrafice. May he rest in peace.

USMCPOP,

Welcome to the site- my sincere condolences for your loss and heartfelt thanks for your son's service and your sacrifice.

Best,

Nelson

Frank Ford link=topic=1727.msg10603#msg10603 date=1302908807 said:
I believe it pays me to be as visible as possible on the Internet, so I always use my mom-and-dad given name.
Me also.

Back