Just some minor surface rust...

That looks great. You Sir, are a true craftsman.

I had that same lathe in the 80's. All the parts were available from sears parts direct. I sold it when the father inlaw left us a 12 inch atlas.

How much run out does the spindle have now that its all back to

Ok, I stuck in a fresh MT2 sleeve and checked with two indicators -- one a tenths indicator and the other a half-tenths. On both it looks like just a skinny under one thousandth taken just ahead of the spindle nose. Don't know if I'm happy with that or not, but there you go! :)

-frank

Francist,

Beautiful work!!

Do you have some dimensions of the bench? My shop is a combination of my office (11x14 area) one side and shop on the other side.

Trying to utilize my space efficiently and the lathe bench appears to be great look for my office. currently my Atlas 612 (on floor) and MFC mill (on furniture dolly) waiting for setup. I have metal cabinet for the mill and a old sturdy desk (temporary bench) for the lathe, that plan on using butcher block top on both.

Picture shows partial wall on where the lathe and mill will go. Lathe shown on same wall before I finished my basement and bench that took up too much space.

20180825_130039.jpgatlas 612 lathe.jpg

Thanks very much.

Sure, I could put something together in a day or so. Nice little 612 by the way! I love the looks of those little guys.

-frank

Francist,

Thanks,

I wait for your drawing/sketch.

I love these Atlas machines. the 612 was given to me by a coworker who got a bigger a machine. The 612 was used primarily for a boy scouts group to make wood ink pens before I got it.

Back