Jo Blocks?

What are you referring to when you say "Unstable"? I have used a rectangular set for years whithout trouble.

"Billy G"

Top heavy as in height to width (at the base) ratio. Have you never toppled a 4 inch stack? It doesn't take much.

Gene

Enco has the 81 Pc. Set rectangular in their latest Hot Deals flier for $59.95 and if your total order is over $99.00 there’s a 20% off code.

I've never knocked one over, if that's what you mean. Tall stacks, or tall gage blocks should be handled very carefully. I would consider them unstable only on a unsuitable surface, like one not level, or very rough. I have worked with blocks up to 8" long in the rectangular series, without trouble.

Enco has the 81 Pc. Set rectangular in their latest Hot Deals flier for $59.95 and if your total order is over $99.00 there’s a 20% off code.
Got a link to the flier? If they have a collet block set I could reach the $99.00 deal.

I've had a crash or two while setting up a sine bar on a machine, but don't remember knocking any over on a surface plate. Technically, if you knock a stack over, they should be re-calibrated, since it doesn't take much of a nick on a block accurate to a few millionths of an inch to ruin its accuracy. Don't think I'd worry about it with your every day shop grade blocks though.

Tom

Back