Jet GHB 1340A

Sorry it fell through. I know the disappointment as I once had a 1970's Sheldon in great condition get away.

I don't know your price range but, you might wish to consider this machine from Precision Matthews. It's a Taiwanese 1340 that goes head-to-head with that Jet and it's a lot cheaper... http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM1340T.html

Ray

The machine is fundamentally new and if he's selling it with all the original items (chucks etc) that makes it easier to determine value....

There are a couple similar models from Jet that look the same but have different gear ratios. I suspect the cheaper one is made in China and the other is made in Taiwan. One machine sells for 5 grand and the other version sells for 7 grand new these days.

You need to make sure you're comparing apples to apples. The higher-end model has speeds up to 2000 RPM and the other only up to 1200. But be warned, the differences may have changed slighly over the years.

Ray

The Jet belonged to me, sold it to a fireman in San Antonio. He got a good deal I think. Even had a guy wanted to trade a $3500 sniper rifle even up. Told him really didn't have much need for a "sniper" rifle.

Back