Jet 1336pbd rewire.

Oops, my mistake. Sorry, it was late. But don't worry about it, it will work just the same. Only thing is the rotation might be inverted. Easily fixable
Also, no you don't need to mirror image the blacks and reds.
Just ignore the wht 1 and yel 4 swap and otherwise follow the diagram as is
It would be a good idea to label blk 1 and red 3 for the future if you want to go back
FYI: the blacks and reds are the main run windings; in parallel for 110, series for 220
the yellows are the start leg

Last edited:
PS you shouldn't need to make any changes at the switch from the 110 configuration, other than the supply voltage change

PS you shouldn't need to make any changes at the switch from the 110 configuration, other than the supply voltage change
Okay. I had to rewire the whole thing when I tore it down so the switch is already disconnected from the unused wire.

When I disassembled the machine the wiring was so brittle the jacket was falling off. Lucky the sucker didn't catch on fire!

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if it works. Or if I need a new motor haha.

Well I wired the motor per @markba633csi and no joy.

Flipped the breaker and threw the switch and it just made the loud humming noise. Flipped it to reverse, same thing.

Kind of an improvement I guess lol. First time I tried it it didn't do anything in forward.

Spoke with an electrician over the phone and sent him a pic of the switch and motor diagrams. He said to bridge 2,3 and 6. Tried that and it went backwards in forward and just hummed when I put it in reverse. And it didn't sound all that healthy.

At this point I think it's going to get wired back up 110v and left alone. I used it that way in the past and it didn't seem to be lacking.

I mean the picture after you reconfigured it for 220v
Also could use a couple more shots of the switch showing all the wires
If you inadvertently swapped the black pair or the red pair at the motor it won't run, just hum
Show me everything- it's probably something simple
Are you sure of the supply voltage? Be careful around 220 volts, it packs a punch

Last edited:
Oh, my mistake. I already reconfigured it again from your drawing. I'm at work tonight, I'll take a pic of it's current configuration in the morning. I may have a pic of a rough sketch.

U and V should go to motor 1 and 4, motor 5 should go to 1 on the switch
If the motor direction is backwards from switch handle you can do one of two things:
a) move motor 5 from switch 1 to switch 2
b) swap motor 1 & 4 at motor or U & V at switch

Last edited:
Back