Jaws For 8"chuck??

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I have an 8" Bison chuck that I need to find some replacement jaws.The ones that are on it right now are aluminum which they must have been turned several times for numerous projects.So I need to locate a set of jaws that are the tongue and groove type.I went shopping on ebay and found several that looks like they will fit but how can I tell?The ads say for 8" chuck but unknown brand,so are all jaws thats for 8" chuck tongue/groove type will fit?Guys what information do I need to find the right ones and where do you go shopping for jaws?Thanks guys for some direction---kroll

Cant you get replacements from Bison or after market look a likes

Thats what I am looking for is after market ones,but where?What information do I need to find ones that will fit,is 8" chuck enough info to use to find the correct ones?

Thanks guys for the info and Wreck Wreak thanks for the link that's what I was looking for.Jim I wish I could afford those jaws I bet they are nice to use.Mohead I did find some jaws from Bison which are 189.00 which is at the top of my budget.But I think I am going to give Monster jaws a try which cost around 40.00.I did not know where or who to buy from on the net and I like the soft jaws and I also see that Monster also sells steel jaws.So I will have to give some thought into which set I think is a better fit for me steel or aluminum.Its so nice that this forums member can help remove the mystery out of metal working.Here's what I am thinking about purchasing maybe the 3" talk one's
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Kroll,

If you have a mill it's pretty easy to make your own soft jaws and a whole lot cheaper (if your time is free).

Ted

Kroll, I thought you were looking for hard top jaws?

Back