Japanese hex keys with a neat twist

I am definitely becoming a big fan. Japan makes some really excellent tools. My Nepros ratchets are almost too beautiful to use. The Koken ratchets have extremely low backdrag. The Koken Zeal sockets are very low profile and very thin. Extremely handy. I've got two Vessel screwdrivers and a Lobster brand adjustable wrench. Great stuff.
+1

My favorites are probably the Engineer Neji-Saurus pliers and the Anex ultra low profile ratcheting offset screwdrivers.

I keep buying different hex hey sets looking for one that really works. Cheap stuff breaks and rounds off- if it even fits right to begin with. I've got Bondhus, Klein, Eklind, and even snap-on and Excelite hex drivers, but I keep searching.

I was ready to bite on a Wiha set, but I don't like Wiha's handles. I really prefer a regular key, especially if it is long and balled on one end.

The Japanese are proud of their steelmaking, and consider tools to be instruments. I am excited, it's been a long search.

I keep buying different hex hey sets looking for one that really works. Cheap stuff breaks and rounds off- if it even fits right to begin with. I've got Bondhus, Klein, Eklind, and even snap-on and Excelite hex drivers, but I keep searching.

I was ready to bite on a Wiha set, but I don't like Wiha's handles. I really prefer a regular key, especially if it is long and balled on one end.

The Japanese are proud of their steelmaking, and consider tools to be instruments. I am excited, it's been a long search.
I’ve been super satisfied with Facom hex keys.

IMG_8473.jpeg

These French made hex keys are nearly as good as my PB Swiss ones, but for a fraction of the cost.

If you are looking for the holy grail of hex keys, then PB Swiss is probably your answer.

I’ve been super satisfied with Facom hex keys.

View attachment 456721

These French made hex keys are nearly as good as my PB Swiss ones, but for a fraction of the cost.

If you are looking for the holy grail of hex keys, then PB Swiss is probably your answer.

I really like Facom ratcheting combination wrenches and the little 1/4" ratchet kit I bought from then. I use them both for work everyday.

PB Swiss makes beautiful tools. I'd put the Eight hex keys up against anything I've ever seen. The fit is impressive.

I'd put the Eight hex keys up against anything I've ever seen. The fit is impressive.
I’ll definitely have to get a set of these!

If anyone knows a distributor in Europe, let me know.

Back