It's good for something , I just can't think for what ?

Power a portable hydraulic power unit.
With quick connect fittings it could run you hydraulic press or log splitter or Jack or a hydraulic motor that could run a machine

Put it on your old Troy-Bilt rototiller.
It’s probably due for a new one.
Cheers

Many (most?) small engines have a tapered shaft. As much to position the output device as anything. The way I see it, that's what the compound on a lathe is for. For the collar of a larger shaft, if the output hub has the bore capability. That's what a lathe is for, to make what you have fit what you want.

My experience has been that most directly coupled small engines usually have tapered shafts while most belt drive equipment use small engines with cylindrical shafts.

I have one as well... from a pressure washer... I am saving it for something... do not know what, but something... maybe a mini bike with the body from some VW bug fenders that I have...

To make something like this:

View attachment 408584

Motor runs on the first pull... I am not getting rid of it!
Talk about identity crisis! On the other hand, no accident would elevate past fender bender...even if it totaled.

Small pressure washer engines like this will have a 3/4” straight shaft. Flywheel side is tapered.

Best use would be to replace the pump and use as intended unless you have a vertical shaft log splitter.

Sure you could do some crazy stuff if you wanted but please don’t use it for an aircraft.

John

1" straight output shaft with a key . No problems with it . The log splitter has a 6.5 hp and this is only a 5 , but it would work I'm sure .

Back