Is there any interest in aprox 3.5 inch brass pipe??? 1/8 in wall???

Re: Is there ant interest in aprox 3.5 inch brass pipe??? 1/8 in wall???

I could use about a foot of it. If you decide to cut it up please contact me.
ronehubb@gmail.com
Ron I just printed out postage and the pkg will be picked up tomorrow morning, hope you like the items.
God bless
Bill

If you still have some and/or are still selling, I could use two one foot pieces to whittle some sand domes for my Locomotive.
Scotty

Bill,

I have some plans for a couple of projects that will need some brass tube or pipe, but I don't remember the size. Currently out of town for a couple of weeks and cannot check the plans. Called home and asked the wife to read the plans but that was not a very fruitful venture. I will contact you in a couple of weeks when I return home. If you still have some, and I need any, we'll talk. If it has been scrapped by then, que sera sera.

Wermie,
If you are referring to your wagon. I seriously hope you'll contact me if you want someone to ask alot of annoying questions about how to best and most accurately make a part.

Seriously. Please contact me should you embark on the project.

Daryl
MN

If you still have some and/or are still selling, I could use two one foot pieces to whittle some sand domes for my Locomotive.
Scotty

I have a few pieces left in the shop and I will check tomorrow and see if they are any good.
I will pm you tomorrow ifin I can keep it in my aging grey cells OK:thumbzup3:
You need any 3/4" also?

yes sir, need one 12" X 3.5" for sand dome and one 12" of the .750 for the whistle. Actually don't need exactly 12"... 'close to' will work fine so you can use the smaller flat rate box, anything over about 10", but needs to be dent free as they will be polished and seen. No rush at all.
awaiting PM...thx
Scotty

Last edited:

If any of that 3.5 is left sign me up!

Wermie,
If you are referring to your wagon. I seriously hope you'll contact me if you want someone to ask alot of annoying questions about how to best and most accurately make a part.

Seriously. Please contact me should you embark on the project.

Daryl
MN

Nope, not for the JR Brown Steam Wagon, but for something else. I have the material here, but will not be starting on the project just yet, too many other things to get done first. I will be doing a build thread on this particular project once I start on it.

The steam wagon project is quite a ways off and will not use brass pipe. I don't even have any plans drawn up for it yet, but brass would not make a good boiler. Lots of research to do before I can even get the plans going. There is a fellow that claims to have quite a bit of information about the steam wagon, and says he'll share with someone willing to pursue it, but when I query him about it he shuts up and will not even answer my emails. Any answers I did get in the past were more or less just more riddles. The guy talks in circles and pretty much drives me up a tree. So, the steam wagon project is tabled for the time being, but is not forgotten.

yes sir, need one 12" X 3.5" for sand dome and one 12" of the .750 for the whistle. Actually don't need exactly 12"... 'close to' will work fine so you can use the smaller flat rate box, anything over about 10", but needs to be dent free as they will be polished and seen. No rush at all.
awaiting PM...thx
Scotty

Sorry but the 2 pieces that ar left are not much good, 1 is about 8 to 10 inch and the other is longer but has a dent in it. I have quite a bunch of 3/4 in long lengths I could cut up but shipping is high via USPS anymore.

If any of that 3.5 is left sign me up!

Sorry but the 2 pieces that ar left are not much good, 1 is about 8 to 10 inch and the other is longer but has a dent in it. I have quite a bunch of 3/4 in long lengths I could cut up but shipping is high via USPS anymore.

Ok, thanks anyways, I don't need it right away so I'll keep looking. And I'll skip the 3/4", would work better with 1 1/4" to be perfect and sound right. Only place I know of that it was used was as a sink drain tail piece, nowadays made from some kind of plastic!!

thx again
Scotty

Back