Is there any interest in aprox 3.5 inch brass pipe??? 1/8 in wall???

B

bvd1940

Forum Guest
Register Today
I have started cleaning out the shop and ave approximately 3.5 inch x 1/8 inch wall x 15 feet, very old and patina ed brass that I have been packing around for a few years and have come to the realization that I don't have a use for it.:thinking:
I can haul it to the scrapper and get a good chunk of change for it but thought there might be enough interest in it for steam boilers etc.
If there is let me know and I can cut it to fit in flat rate USPS boxes and I will check scrap price + shipping.
I am doing this as a service to the forum not trying to make a buck:))
I hate to see it go to the scrappers:angry:
The measurements are aprox. and if any interest I will dig it out of the metal rack:holdphone:

Re: Is there ant interest in aprox 3.5 inch brass pipe??? 1/8 in wall???

Bill,

I have some plans for a couple of projects that will need some brass tube or pipe, but I don't remember the size. Currently out of town for a couple of weeks and cannot check the plans. Called home and asked the wife to read the plans but that was not a very fruitful venture. I will contact you in a couple of weeks when I return home. If you still have some, and I need any, we'll talk. If it has been scrapped by then, que sera sera.

If you do cut it up I might take a little just to have some

I could use about a foot of it. If you decide to cut it up please contact me.
ronehubb@gmail.com

That is 3 so far I will wait a bit longer and will go get hard measurements and some pictures and will post here on this thread OK?
I also have some smaller brass tubing that make wonderful wind chimes that might be usable for steam up projects. I will get pictures and size on that also and post, there is quite a bit of the smaller size and I think it is about 3/4 tubing.
Just checked the size on tubing and pipe, the tubing is 3/4 o d thin wall and is 7+feet long.
The pipe is 3.5 o d with over 1/8th wall and has got a heavy patina on it.
I will check scrap price and be back shortly.
If any one needs some 3/4 brass tubing it could be packed inside the 3 1/2 pipe.:))

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill,

I have some plans for a couple of projects that will need some brass tube or pipe, but I don't remember the size. Currently out of town for a couple of weeks and cannot check the plans. Called home and asked the wife to read the plans but that was not a very fruitful venture. I will contact you in a couple of weeks when I return home. If you still have some, and I need any, we'll talk. If it has been scrapped by then, que sera sera.

There is no hurry, I can wait as I have packed this around sense 1995:nuts:
I can get 3 pcs 12 inches long in a large flat rate box and 2 pcs 11 inches long in a medium flat rate.
The scrap price I saw online was aprox $2 per lb but will call the local scrapper as they are shut down fer the 4th of July weekend.

Hi, yes I would be interested as well. Both sizes.
Thanks Larry
larry@ljpcustom.com

I will get back to this thread next week so to give everybody a firm price and get quantities wanted.
If you want long pieces of the 3/4 (up to 7+ feet long) it can be done but shipping will not be as cheap:thinking:
You all have a safe & sane 4th of July.:thumbzup3:

Well I got the price per pound scrap and the average price was 2.26 red brass and 2.13 yellow brass, so my $2 pr lb was a pretty good guess.
I looked at the 3.5 inch pipe and when I cut the bad stuff (bent, dented) I can get 7 cuts 12" long and I want 12" for just encase I need a piece.
I have plenty of the 3/4" tubing and its straight and cleanView attachment 79799View attachment 79800View attachment 79801

I was just informed I have to go on a road trip Wednesday morning and be gone for about a week so keep in mind the delay in shipping OK?
There are 6 pieces available of the 3.5 and the 3/4" in the pictures is over 7ft long.
12" of 3.5 pipe wt is over 5lb at 2$ lb $10 pr 12" but you can have it for $9 pr piece.
PM me with requested amount and I take pay pal and I will post paid for amounts till 6 3.5 pieces are gone OK?
first come first serve and God bless.

I just sent you a PM ! Dave

Back