Is a die filing machine usefull in the home shop?

A sweet unit,denton. I ought to make pictures of my duplex die filer. About the best and most versatile unit ever made(at least in bench top size). It has the normal position files,but also has underneath the top table,a lower table,with a file coming down from above. you can file into open top castings with it. It is more complicated to set up,so I generally use my Butterfly,but a really nice unit indeed. Must have cost a fortune new.

My word that looks pretty denton! nice work! I use mine more for sawing than filing, no bandsaws in this guys shop (

I'm still searching for an owner's guide / parts diagram.
Denton

Will these work for you?
If so, can I trade them for some details of your hold down?

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Attachments

• MilwaukeeDieFilerManual.pdf
    572.6 KB · Views: 45
  • MilwaukeeDieFilerBrochure-ModelFS-Compressed.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • All American Filing Machine.pdf
    32 MB · Views: 43
Thanks Daryl, for those attachments now I have the picture. And the picture is a beafy scroll saw given to me yrs ago never used. I shall
re purpose it. Suppose I gotta slow it down and it has a 6" side disk also. Hey its worth a try (I aint no carpenter)

sam

Will these work for you?

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

I'll take some detail pics to show parts may take a day or two, anything else?
Denton

Will these work for you?

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

I got the pictures I'm not sure how much detail you require. The pics show all the pieces mounted, if more info needed let me know.
Denton
2013-11-21 17.34.11.jpg2013-11-21 17.36.37.jpg2013-11-21 17.36.51.jpg2013-11-21 17.37.17.jpg2013-11-21 17.37.35.jpg

2013-11-21 17.34.11.jpg 2013-11-21 17.36.37.jpg 2013-11-21 17.36.51.jpg 2013-11-21 17.37.17.jpg 2013-11-21 17.37.35.jpg

Here's mine, just check out that wicked paint job!
it must weigh at least 125 lbs, maybe more. has a funky little arm thing that you can use as a scroll saw of sorts.
speed on it is not too fast, great for filing... i guess, havent used it yet, but if i need it... it will be buried under a bunch of junk!:roflmao:
IMG_0634.JPGIMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG

Very nice! I like the spring under the motor mount. Nice design.

Here's mine, just check out that wicked paint job!
it must weigh at least 125 lbs, maybe more. has a funky little arm thing that you can use as a scroll saw of sorts.
speed on it is not too fast, great for filing... i guess, havent used it yet, but if i need it... it will be buried under a bunch of junk!:roflmao:
View attachment 64764View attachment 64763

Wow- never saw that brand before... I have a Harvey Butterfly- I think I will take George's advice and find a way to slow it down.. Just nicer to work, and feels like filing instead of sawing. :)

Bernie

The things I like about the Milwaukee Rice is has variable speed at the turn of a knob and variable stroke at the turn of another knob. I don't know if these are common options or not.

Back