Invicta 6M 24” metal shaper Detroit

I'm a bit skeptical that that is a 2hp motor. My 16" has a 3 hp motor and my 24" has a 7.5hp motor. That's way underpowered for that shaper. I think it's a pretty good deal, I paid 1400 for my 24", but it is in near mint condition (a former Navy item) and has the universal table and power downfeed as well, so I don't feel like I got hurt on it. That was also a few years ago.

I see you updated the motor hp. Still seems a bit small for that shaper, but I expect it will be fine for anything but the heaviest cuts. I'm using a static phase converter to run mine, so it's only actually producing 5 hp. I've taken some pretty heavy cuts on it, but probably nothing that has pushed even the 5hp motor very hard.
Typo i fixed it..... look again 4hp

My buddy is going to bring his F450 Flatbed back up from the farm so we can grab the Invicta......

That's the one maybe, or at least leverage for the other seller. I don't think you need to be in a hurry for this, go look at both and figure out which is a better deal.

You need one of these to go with your recent lathe purchase, maybe both of them if they're substantially the same....

Rent a drop deck trailer and bring two strong friends with steel toe boots and you'll get it done.

Remember, patience is your friend here.

John

Remember, patience is your friend here.

Dont tell my friend Paul that, I bought 2 milling machines out from under him about a week apart.....lol
If you want it jump on it and fast before someone else does......

I like the G&E but I would have to pay my other friend with the flatbed tow truck to pick it up for me..... He is going to want more money and Paul with the F450 will store it in his warehouse if we cant barrow the forklift from the hardware store next to the shop.....

Last edited:
Paul told me to put the Big shaper next to the little shaper and make youtube vids of the daddy shaper and son with voiceovers and to make it like Leave it to Beaver..... lololoolooloololllooloolol He said it was the first thing he thought of when he saw this page..... He's Crazy.......lol

Just sayin'

If you need one of these, and you can buy a spare for parts.

Your future self will thank you for doubling down.

John

Just sayin'

If you need one of these, and you can buy a spare for parts.

Your future self will thank you for doubling down.

John

The Invicta is powered and I am going to test everything to make sure it all works before I decide its mine..... My favorite part is fixing the broken machines......

Hey all, I’m that guy that owns this fine specimen. Had a nice conversation with Cooter that went in all directions. Typically like anything for sale I’ve had lots of interest in this machine but many are like Cooter and are not relatively close. Figured I’d thank him for posting it here. I’ve also found a manual although it doesn’t list the weight, found it somewhere years ago which listed it in the vicinity of 3000lbs. Now compared to a G&E that’s rather light. At one point I thought of putting my Atlas on the table for size comparison but never got around to it. Here’s a pic from when I first got it and used a garbage can for comparison.C309EBAE-CB84-4F48-9F3C-5EAC24753DD5.jpeg

Back