Invicta 6M 24” metal shaper Detroit

Im surprised somebody hasnt snapped it up. I have been a big shaper fan for years but lately these have become very popular and pricey. saw a 16" G&E about that condition with the downfeed it sold for 1699 the same day it hit the floor.I watched a standard american 20" sell at auction for $5600 plus tax and 18% buyers premium Thats around $7000!!!!!It was a nice machine but was no museum quality pc by any stretch. Abom79s you tubes sure have boosted shaper prices lol. All things considered the invicta is probably a little under priced

It has been listed for 15 days now. A couple of weeks and still no takers maybe he will contact you back Cooter and sell it.

The seller called me and we talked about ithe shaper for a while.... He sounds pretty firm at $700... But the machine is actually in Cleveland not the Detroit area...... lol

Its a shame (or is it fortunate...) it isn't about 2500 miles west, otherwise I'd almost definitely trade/sell my 7B for it :)

Its a shame (or is it fortunate...) it isn't about 2500 miles west, otherwise I'd almost definitely trade/sell my 7B for it :)

My 7B is on my list of scraping projects..... not for sale now and definitely not for sale after its been scraped...... lol

I don’t see it as surprising as that is quite a beast. Would take up quite a bit of shop space too. Nice machine though and all it’s missing is auto down feed. That universal table is nice!

That's not a universal table. Missing the vise will hurt it's value some.

That's not a universal table. Missing the vise will hurt it's value some.
Lol click the link he has the vise..... He said it's only missing the Square wrench and a few lever knobs.... 4hp 220v 3ph motor....lol These old motors are HUGE for how low the horsepower rating is.....

Last edited:
Lol click the link he has the vise..... He said it's only missing the Square wrench and a few lever knobs.... 2hp 220v 3ph motor....lol These old motors are HUGE for how low the the horsepower rating is.....

I'm a bit skeptical that that is a 2hp motor. My 16" has a 3 hp motor and my 24" has a 7.5hp motor. That's way underpowered for that shaper. I think it's a pretty good deal, I paid 1400 for my 24", but it is in near mint condition (a former Navy item) and has the universal table and power downfeed as well, so I don't feel like I got hurt on it. That was also a few years ago.

I see you updated the motor hp. Still seems a bit small for that shaper, but I expect it will be fine for anything but the heaviest cuts. I'm using a static phase converter to run mine, so it's only actually producing 5 hp. I've taken some pretty heavy cuts on it, but probably nothing that has pushed even the 5hp motor very hard.

Last edited:
Back