Inserts ?

Hi mike thanks all, if I wanted to get one of those insert holders ? What did you search for to pull that up, it didn't show a price or any order info ,
Hi Derrick,
i did a google search for "1/2" IC insert toolholder"

Thanks all , think I'll source a holder for them inserts, starting now, 1/2" shank , any spares out there I'll make one if I gota, but that would end up being a $10,000 holder ,$34, sounds ok if it works rite :confused:

Thanks all, going to order a holder ied like to get it rite this time , as I have bought a bunch of inserts That weren't the rite ones
inscribed circle? Is that hole center to cutting edge ? Thickness ? Hole diameter chamfer angle ? ,16er?
Seems Shars prices aren't bad , shipping prices are tho.
Can someone tell by the pics exactly what holder will work for these , for external threading
Are Shars holders metric torx , threads ? , I'll be needing 1/2" shank holders.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Thanks

Yep, Mike is right, they are 22ER size inserts.

Thanks all, Ken, mabey if I get the rong holder it'll fit all the wrong inserts I bought :(
Them Things aren't cheap ,

My problem is, I buy inserts expecting them to fit holders I have on hand. If they don't fit, I buy holders they will fit. And I have also bought holders hoping the inserts I have on hand will fit. Well after doing this for over ten years, I have more inserts and holders than I'll ever use in my lifetime! I think I turned into a hoarder? Not yet, I haven't added 22er or 22ir stuff to my collection.

Still at a loss on what holder to get for them

Thanks Ken , so it's a 1x1 " incribed circle , dose thickness mater ? The shank size needs to be 1/2"

Back