In more dire need of an arbor press than any white man in history!

Oh man, you weren't kidding! Guy busted his mill head doing... something dumb with a bottle jack. He ends up buying a tig-welder to fix up his mess-up, but instead of just "fix the benchtop mill and make a cheap hydraulic press", he builds re-enforcement for his bench-mill head to use even MORE as a crappy press.

So many bad ideas in a video...

WTF?

So many bad ideas in a video...

Yep, I saw him with the hook of the engine hoist back into the end of the arm and thought "that's not smart!"......
ScreenShot043.jpg

then my thoughts were confirmed when he dropped the mill head thru the pallet........
1670936002662.png

After that I did look away from the train wreck.......I don't think I can learn anything from this.

Maybe later after a couple beers when I want to laugh at something I will finish watching.
Big maybe!

Brian

WTF?

Yep, I saw him with the hook of the engine hoist back into the end of the arm and thought "that's not smart!"......
View attachment 429835

then my thoughts were confirmed when he dropped the mill head thru the pallet........
View attachment 429833

After that I did look away from the train wreck.......I don't think I can learn anything from this.

Maybe later after a couple beers when I want to laugh at something I will finish watching.
Big maybe!

Brian
Yup, I have PTSD around this kinda stuff and don’t need to watch at all. Seeing sketchy stuff from a mile off is not funny. Thanks for the warning, I’ll pass.

He did do a video on making a press. Maybe he learned a partial lesson.

Back