Im Amazed And Ranting A Bit.

I looked everywhere I could think of and I can't find a donate button?

Click on the man at the top of the page , this will take you to the home page look on the right hand side.
Mark

Hey David, don't be to upset I just look at the donator list and saw I was not on it. I have been donating since shortly after I joined, I have a banner so you can see I am. I think it is as mentioned above not showing donators from before the software change. Hey but thanks to you bring this up I realized it had been a few months plus I wanted to see if that was true about the software change so I kicked in a few more bucks. I came to this site a noobee and now I am an amateur. No really when I found you guys it was a big deal to change the chuck, and I am very thankful to the guys that got me to this point. Also to the new guys that let me help them so I could give back a little.
Mark

You learned how to change a chuck? Havent gotten that far yet!!! Lucky!!!!

Ah Machinenialand, With rivers of cutting fluid, forests of steel, bushes of long chips, gates of Cobalt, HSS, and carbide. Fields of Swarf.

PS Lowlife you can live there but we don't want to many lowlifes. lathe values will drop.:chunky:

The admins have mentioned that the donate tool does not always update you correctly with a 'supporter' banner, nor does it always get you on the list correctly. Nobody seems to know why, but eventually they will find an answer. There are other things with the forum that are more important at present, but eventually I am sure they will get there. I donate every month, but it doesn't show up since moving to the new software, but it's not a big deal to me so I haven't 'squeeked' about it to Tony or Nels yet.

$10 contribution a year = $.83 a month, lets say you spend 2 hrs a week on the forum(I'm probably on 1 hr +- a day) or 8 hrs a month, that works out to $.10 +- per hr!!! Where else can you get this type of information/education/entertainment for $.10 an hr, what a deal. Compared to your other machine accessories, parts or machine purchases this is by far the most bang for your $, come on guys, if you're not contributing please do so.

thanks(and open that wallet just a little), Brian

I donate every month as well, and look at it as a small investment as compared to my machines and tooling. It is much cheaper than purchasing a book as well, and more informative as the range of topics is incredibly large.

I donated prior to the new software and just looked and I'm not on the list. But, I look at that as a good thing. Everyone on the list has an expiration date. I don't want to know when I'm going to expire!! I just hope it happens when I'm asleep. :grin:

Back