Im Amazed And Ranting A Bit.

davidh

Active User
Registered
This site has thousands of members, hundreds of regular users and less than a fifty donors ?
Really ?

WOW !

Rant over.

Just to put that into perspective that must be those who have donated since the site change.

Squeaking wheels get the grease. I don't think the software automatically updates account upgrades so there are probably a few whose wheels haven't squeaked.

David, some will kick in for the better of the whole some will not. I for one appreciate what the guys that run this site do to give us this great place to learn, share grow and make friends and contacts. Like someone said before it's like having a 1oo neighbors with the same interest as you. (Nice gentle reminder)
Mark

I was one of the earliest donors, but I'm not surprised at the low percentage.
Same has held true for my own Web efforts, and, I suspect, for NPR aa well.

Is there a running list of donors posted somewhere?

The list showing on the right of the forum page is showing new donations since the software change. I was one of the first on the list as I am new here and felt I should help out since many have welcomed me and have helped out. I am sure there are many supporters from before the software change but that list hasn't shown up. I myself could care less about being on the list as I don't help out just to brag or be showy. I just help those that want it if I can.

I am one of "those" who hasn't donated yet. Believe me, I feel guilty every time I see the Donations box and regrettably skip past it to read posts, but until I get back to work full time in 3-4 weeks once frost is out of the ground (I frame houses for a living), my hands are pretty much tied...:blue:. Unemployment insurance (since late-Dec) barely keeps up with the monthly bills, and extra-curricular activities are non existent at this point.

This forum is the greatest, and the members here even more so...kudos to all of you involved. Words can't really describe how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge I've learned so far, unfortunately I will have to wait a wee bit longer to physically show said appreciation...but I will get there!

And if every one donated....We could purchase a small country or something.

Speaking of NPR...

I don't have a machinery's handbook yet. I don't really like to order anything from eBay or amazon, and I won't be paying full price for a new one. I also don't know if anyone ends up with multiple copies/versions of this reference book? But here is what I'm thinking.

If someone has a spare Machinery's Handbook they would like to donate to me, I will donate $50 to the web site.

If I'm way off base I will shut my trap. The machinery's handbook may not be the best item but maybe spare tools or other duplicate or similar items could be used as incentives to improve the support?

Jim

Back