If you remember

I remember starting to notice full figured women around then.... :)
Lone Ranger, Lassie.

Gene Autry? One of my fishing buddies managed the Autry Museum of the American West in LA a few years back. How about Zorro? Before that, the Cisco Kid and Pancho. And .of course, Friday Night Boxing and Saturday Professional Wrestling.

Victory at sea, if I'm remembering right narrated by Walter Cronkite. Oh, and Combat with Vic Morrow.

Victory at Sea was narrated by Leonard Graves. Walter Cronkite narrated a show called The 20th Century (among others). I also love the VAS soundtracks.

and Saturday Professional Wrestling.
Ahhh, Big Time Wrestling. I remember my Portuguese grandparents came to stay the night and that afternoon we kids are watching the old Robin Hood movie and my very traditional grandparents are sitting on the couch watching with us. Grandma goes in and says to my mom this movie too violent for small children. So mom says ok, turn it to something else. Yup, you got it, Big Time Wrestling was on. We were first disappointed but then watching my usually terminally stoic grandparents who are yelling at the screen and making Sunday footballers look like cadavers was a total hoot! Even as little kids we knew it was staged, but sure seemed like the old folks didn’t. :)

Rawhide. Sea hunt. Twilight zone
As I recall, a show called Sugarfoot alternated every other week with Rawhide. I still watch theTwilight Zone every night, along with the Outer Limits.

How about the Ted Mack Amateur Hour and Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts. I still remember the Geritol commercials. Other shows include George Burns and Gracie Allen, Jack Benny, and Groucho Marx. On Saturday night there was Your Hit Parade. Sundays had the Hallmark Hall of Fame.

Every week day after school, it was the Three Stooges and Popeye. We never were much for the Mouseketeers although we might tune in when they ran the Disney cartoons. I was a bit old for Captain Kangaroo and too young for Howdy Doody although I remember them both. Saturday mornings were special with cartoons running from daybreak till noon.

voyage to the bottom of the sea, Lost in space..
Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, Keystone cops...

I remember the Ed Sullivan show came on Sunday night before bonanza. He introduced the new group the Beatles. First time on tv in America. No no. They were on shindig the Friday night before his show on Sunday.

I remember the Ed Sullivan show came on Sunday night before bonanza. He introduced the new group the Beatles. First time on tv in America. No no. They were on shindig the Friday night before his show on Sunday.
I remember watching that.
Ed Sullivan brings me to Smothers Bros for some reason.. funny stuff.
And then Johnny Carson's early days were hilarious.

Back