Identify a face mill?

For sharpening brazed carbide lathe tools I have been having pretty good luck using a diamond wheel in my Dremel tool. I just rest the tool in the slightly opened jaws of the vise and free hand them. I can then touch them up on a small diamond flat hone if needed.

Getting them all ground identically for use in that face mill would be kind of hard free hand, but with some kind of jig setup, maybe....

I know it seems flippant but one of the best investments I made early on was one of these universal tool grinders. I was able to regrind all my dull end mills and do custom grinds on other endmills. Resized an endmill by grinding down the flutes from 3/8" which I had several that were dull and make it into a 5/16" which I didn't have to cut a slot. For me it's priceless to be able to resharpen because they always seem to go dull on the weekends and I have to order everything if I buy new. The only bits I've bought since getting this was a couple of metric which I didn't have. BTW there are several great vids on YT on them and there is a huge difference between the Chinese universals and the original Deckel SO. The Deckel is only for making d bits, the universal can make d bits, and sharpen end mills and reamers. YMMV.

Back