I wish that PM offered authorized logo T-shirts

erikmannie

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I almost always wear T-shirts with either a welding or machining logo. I have owned over 20 of these shirts in my lifetime, & I would guess that none of these T-shirts were authorized by the owner of the trademarks. In fact, I have looked & never found any authorized versions.

If PM ever wanted to offer T-shirts with an authorized PM logo, I would buy several! A white or light colored shirt would not be my preference, but I would even buy a light colored shirt.

3AF09911-203D-4A08-B1F7-4FF50475BDE9.jpeg

Trademark registration:

Maybe PM would be amenable to a group purchase. Who’s in?

My daughter designs and has T shirts made for USA Lacrosse and does it as a side gig also . I'm not sure of the legality behind using someone elses logo such as ours or PMs . I'm sure she would do it if legal and HM would make a few $$$$s or she could design a few of her own . :dunno:

Logos are protected by trademark, so unless PM wants to offer these, or gives written permission to use their logo, you can’t legally do it.

I have a small screen printing company as a side gig. I've always been very cautious when it comes to potential copyright infringement. Consequences can be quite severe.

My father said "Why would you advertise for these companies for free?" when I wanted to put an stp sticker on "my" car when I was 16 or 17. That stuck with me...

Aside from the above issue, I absolutely HATE tee shirts and sweat shirts with plasticy logos on the front that make the fabric stiff and trap heat and moisture underneath the logo'd area. So damn uncomfortable.

Now, IF a company is really good to me and offers me sale pricing on occasion, special offers only to loyal customers and such, then I'll advertise for them by wearing their branded attire. BUT only if that involves embroidered logo or such... not silk screened huge logo.

OH I'd also wear such branding if they sold their attire at a significant discount compared to the same product without branding... because that is a benefit to frugal old me...

I bet PM would gladly authorize someone to make quality shirt for a limited amount of time. Maybe 90 days or X number of units. After all it’s free advertising for them.

I'm with @TorontoBuilder. I will not pay for a product with a company logo unless I am involved in the company itself. I think it is crazy that I would use MY money to advertise for THEM. The only exception is if a garment fits a need and also has the manufacturer's name on it i.e. Stihl chainsaw chaps or helmet come to mind.

I have a small screen printing company as a side gig. I've always been very cautious when it comes to potential copyright infringement. Consequences can be quite severe.
As a photographer, I appreciate that. Most people don’t realize how expensive copyright infringement can be and don’t even think twice about stealing images or trademarks.

Back