I ordered a PM-940M-PDF

Lol, I bet I'm older than you think I am.

That's what I've been working on this week, I got all the machining done last night, and hopefully I'll get welding done today. The base I'm building will lift the mill at least 6", and put the table at roughly 42", as well as a provide a way to level the mill and get a rock solid footing.

66835-c9c9f81506865fcd8796ebf1c0d01669.jpg

Dan, you would not happen to have the bolt pattern dimensions to the base? I also am building a lift and I did not measure before assembling the mill.

Buck

Dan, you would not happen to have the bolt pattern dimensions to the base? I also am building a lift and I did not measure before assembling the mill.

You might want to double check your base, but I used 17-3/4" front to back & 15-9/16" side to side.

Thanks Dan for posting all the pics and info . I have been looking to buy a Grizzly G0755 but a friend of mine suggested the PM-932 and I also noticed the 940. Both seem very good .

Thanks Dan for posting all the pics and info . I have been looking to buy a Grizzly G0755 but a friend of mine suggested the PM-932 and I also noticed the 940. Both seem very good .

The main difference is the extra Y travel, It puts the 940 on par with a 36" long table Bridgeport when it comes to travel.

Thanks Dan. I ordered the PM-940 . How do you like the table height ? I've seen a few posts and vids where people build a floor base and raise the whole thing up a few inches.
I've got a lot of square tube in steel and 304 , also have a lot of levelers and heavy casters from large food service machines . Was thinking about fabbing up something to set under the base cabinet that comes with this mill. If you, or anyone else has raised their mill up, how much have you raised it ? What is a good number, 2" ? 4" ? I am 5'9" .
Thanks much !

I placed my PM25 on an existing counter top (left over from a kitchen remodel) (the counter top is at 37 3/4".) The mill table surface is 44 1/2 inches from the floor and I'm quite happy with it. I'm about 5' 10" tall, and I assume that anywhere plus or minus two to three inches would be OK.

I have the PM932. I used 3 inch square tubing with 1/2 x 13 levelers under it. The total height increase is 5 inches with a resulting table height of 40 inches. I'm 5'8", & find that very usable. I did the same with my PM 12x36 lathe, and it is uncomfortably high. I have to be on my toes to see beyond the QCTP.

Here is a pic of the leveling feet--they are very strong & rigid--got them from Amazon.

Best to you
Jerry in Delaware
Lathe Foot.jpg

Hey Subwayrocket, when did you order yours? I ordered mine a while ago, and got an email that they got it and should be shipping soon. It's been over a week, and I still did not get shipping confirmation email. Is that normal? How long does it take to ship?

Hey Subwayrocket, when did you order yours? I ordered mine a while ago, and got an email that they got it and should be shipping soon. It's been over a week, and I still did not get shipping confirmation email. Is that normal? How long does it take to ship?
I don't know what is normal for them. This is my first time buying from QMT. You should call them and ask what's going on. I have not received mine yet. Just ordered a few days ago. Quiet man, I just noticed youre just south of me, Scranton/WB area. Jerry, do you have a link for those leveling feet ? The ones I have are all 3/4" and 1" thick threaded into solid 1-1/2" & 2" blocks, I cut them off industrial food service machines at my buddies scrapyard....way overkill and my casters 4" Albion 1000lb cap each ... would like to find 2" casters.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan. I ordered the PM-940 . How do you like the table height ?

If you, or anyone else has raised their mill up, how much have you raised it ? What is a good number, 2" ? 4" ? I am 5'9" .
Thanks much !

I'm 6'0" and for me the stock height was way to low.

I made this base to level the mill, and to raise it up. Right now the mill is raised up 6.25" and I might even go another 1 to 1.5" higher.

Back