I need help with installing the Z power feed on my bridgeport. Press fit?

Marcel, just me curious again, about how much power or tork do those have. My need is enough tork to lift a V8 engine block on the table.
I need two hands to crank this, enough I gotta sit down and rest. I already got in my mind these must be big bucks?? anyways good job
and a good place for the dro. sam

Here it is on Enco.http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=307-3695 It's on clearance right now to make room for another model. I bought mine with a 20% off coupon, it ended up costing me $247 to my door. The one I have is the Workhorse AL500SZ, It's the strongest one they make in this brand. Here are the specs, see top row.

20131122_082834_zpsad57c2b1.jpg

To answer your question if it's strong enough to lift a v8...I don't know. It lifts the table with a big 100 lb bridgeport vice on it with ease. I've seen some guys install a counterbalance system on their machines to offset the weight of the table. It's a pretty simple setup. If you do a lot of this heavy stuff, it might be worth looking into. I gotta tell ya that I used it a little yesterday and OMG, it's a freakin dream!

20131122_082834_zpsad57c2b1.jpg

Back