1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

I need a 5/8" tool holder for my Sherline Mill?

Discussion in 'SHERLINE, TAIG, TITAN & SIEG MINI-MACHINES' started by Brad West, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Brad West

Brad West United States Swarf Registered Member

City:
    Rapid City
    State:
    South Dakota

-Return to Top-

I can only find up to a 1/2" tool holder? Anyone know where I can get or how to adapt to a 5/8" tool holder for a Sherline? Thanks!

2. kvt

kvt Active User Active Member

City:
    San Antonio
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

Have you got a mill, If so make one out of mild steel or alum. I made some out of ALUM Then used the T nut off a sherline one and got me a bolt/screw to fit. Just got a few Cap screws to hold the bit. Even made a rocker type

3. mikey

mikey Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Honolulu
    State:
    Hawaii

-Return to Top-

Several options:
    • Buy a blank end mill holder from Sherline, bore it and tap the side for a set screw.
    • Bore an existing end mill holder.
    • Make an endmill holder on your lathe.
    • Buy a Beall Tools ER-32 chuck and hold it with a 5/8" collet. This is the most accurate and flexible of your options.
    By the way, a 5/8" end mill is honking big end mill for a Sherline lathe. What are you doing that requires that large a cutter? That tool is almost as large as the spindle and will generate a lot of cutting force so I'm just curious.