I Must Not Be Living Right

Have fun Bill. Mike it was a pleasure meeting you, even with my senior moment.

"Billy G"

Bill I am glad that you can get back into making chips. Can't wait to see it all set up and what will be your first project.

David

David,
Well I came across some plans for a vertical milling head for the Atlas. So I thought the first thing I would do is look into making that. This way if I ever get to own a milling machine I can return this one with the vertical head as a way of repaying the favor.

My first job is to clean it up a bit. Then figure out what I want to make first.

Looks like it will clean up nicely and provide you a good item to use making stuff.

Regardless of the title of this Thread You ARE living right. I am so pleased that Billy G and 34_40 were able to make this all come true.

Makes me proud to be a member of this great family.

David

Not really a lot of cleaning to do Bill. One day wit a few rags and solvevt and done. The little bugger is tight. Amazing shape.

"Billy G"

Well I cleaned it up a bit. Eliminated about .030 backlash on the table. But I need to make a dial for the right side as there was none. I may need someone to put 100 graduations on a 1.25 Dia. x .430 long dial with a .750 hole. Or if they have something laying around similar to that. (hint, hint)

David,
Well I came across some plans for a vertical milling head for the Atlas. So I thought the first thing I would do is look into making that. This way if I ever get to own a milling machine I can return this one with the vertical head as a way of repaying the favor.

I thought this was the most interesting head I've seen on an Atlas. Scroll down to the photos by Gramps1951:
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/question-about-an-atlas-mf-horizontal-mill.35714/

Back