I may have to be a machinist again !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Due to some health issues , I think I'll be forced into a machinist position , a supervisors position , safety position or just plain edged out . The docs are telling me I can't go on as I am . Tough decision as I like to move and work . I'm in the process of packing up a box . My choice . I plan to keep a lathe and a mill . The tooling will be minimal just in case one of the kids will take a later interest . My wood tools will be kept also , same scenario . I'm going to pack a box , document what will be in such box and let the kids know a estimated value as to what it contains . The rest of the stuff will be buried , sold , donated to the new hires we got in or just scrapped . I will take pictures . It's hard to get old . :rolleyes:

I agree, do whatever you need to take care of your health.

Been in that process, from safety they pushed me out. As Firstram said you must protect yourself !
My HR department clearly worked for the company not those that they were supposed to be helping.
You must focus clearly on forcing insurance companies to honor their contracts, Soc Sec, retirement accounts whatever you need to do to protect your self and get the care you need. I have reached the point of labeling everything including the little black book of passwords on all the accounts the family may need.
Getting old is NOT for sissies....

Hi Dave,

All your stories of long, late shifts, demanding production schedules, and uncaring/unqualified workers and operators (that you would often try to back-fill for) showed how dedicated you are to the company and their production.

However, I never understood how you handled all the stress of managing that.
Maybe that has taken a toll on your health.

I hope you get to a point where you can get a more reasonable work load _AND_ have more time to take care of yourself.
That way you still get some income and some time to enjoy it.
You have earned that!

Brian (aka brino)

PS: if we were closer, I'd swing by and buy some of your surplus goods (although I do NOT need 100 hammers ;^).
I hate the thought of you burying usable equipment and accessories, but you gotta do what's right for you!

Due to some health issues , I think I'll be forced into a machinist position , a supervisors position , safety position or just plain edged out . The docs are telling me I can't go on as I am . Tough decision as I like to move and work . I'm in the process of packing up a box . My choice . I plan to keep a lathe and a mill . The tooling will be minimal just in case one of the kids will take a later interest . My wood tools will be kept also , same scenario . I'm going to pack a box , document what will be in such box and let the kids know a estimated value as to what it contains . The rest of the stuff will be buried , sold , donated to the new hires we got in or just scrapped . I will take pictures . It's hard to get old . :rolleyes:
I hope the needed changes help you and open doors to new and enjoyable opportunities. I am sorry for anything you have to do which you don’t want to. I would be proud to own something of yours If you should put items for sale on this forum.

It saddens me to hear about companies that don't recognize and don't give a hoot about their most valuable assets. I wish you the best!

Back