I Got a Gentle Reminder Today

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was removing the pin from some Torx security screws on the lathe today. Small, close work, so I had my cheaters on and was leaning in close so I could see. Suddenly I realized my head was being pulled towards the ways. Fortunately it was slow enough that I had time to realize that my braid had been snagged by the lead screw and reverse the power switch, freeing myself. Just lucky the QCGB wasn't set for 4 tpi.

How many times have I admonished an employee about something similar?

I was removing the pin from some Torx security screws on the lathe today. Small, close work, so I had my cheaters on and was leaning in close so I could see. Suddenly I realized my head was being pulled towards the ways. Fortunately it was slow enough that I had time to realize that my braid had been snagged by the lead screw and reverse the power switch, freeing myself. Just lucky the QCGB wasn't set for 4 tpi.

How many times have I admonished an employee about something similar?
Luck was on your side today my friend!

These are the best type of learning experiences - those that teach us a lesson WITHOUT us having to sacrifice a limb or something. I had a similar lesson using a chainsaw recently. It didn't cost me any limbs, but man I sure learned that lesson.

Oh boy, so glad you weren't injured!

WOW.. that was close.. Glad it turned the way it did!

Glad you weren't injured, Seems like it takes these things from time to time , to keep us aware.

Back