I Finally Caught A Deal

[QUOTE I looked up Lovejoy couplings and I suppose that's what they are. I still can't understand why anybody would need so many of them though.[/QUOTE

I worked in a place that ran a lot of production machines that used those couplings in various sizes and configuration's. When they went bad they went in a box. Then we would use the good parts from a couple to make good ones.

The universal joints are for a gang drill press. Not many of these around any more. I used to run and set one up in a prior job 25 yrs ago. The machine was a Natco. It was about 4 times the size of a standard Bridgeport mill, and leaked oil like a sieve. It had 12 separate spindles that were location adjustable, and were driven by drive shafts and universal joints. The shafts were driven by a cluster of outputs that were driven by a sun gear. No doubt this machine had been in service since WW2, and low and behold in 1992, they replaced it with 1980's technology CNC equipment that made parts in twice the time. No wonder they closed the doors in '93.

Nothing wrong with having a stack of junk tools. That way you dont have to worry when making a "special" for some odd job.

or giving them to someone in need,
or getting a younger person started on tools
-brino

Actually, most of them are halfway decent made in USA. I'm going to offer what I don't need to my son-in-law first and give the rest to my old National Guard unit. We never had enough tools when I was there.

Now that's going to take some time to sort. Going through the cardboard tubes is going to be a blast. Kinda like opening presents.
The clamp set steps look to be made of good material.

Thank you for posting full size pics :D, thumb nail pics don't work

The clamp set steps look to be made of good material.

Thanks. They're marked "Northwestern Tools, Dayton, Ohio". Some of the studs are marked "Boyar Schultz".

The steps and straps are not just sitting on a board. Somebody cut out the outlines in plywood and attached it to a similarly finished plywood backing.

Back