I build these when Im bored

Put this together this morning for a WW2 reenactor club. I know its going to be one of those once one guy gets one theyre all going to want one. Taking it and some others up for engraving this week., Property of US and all that. Then tis refinish time.
Are you engraving the ordnance cartouche and U.S. on them from civilian versions, or just engraving the NFA requirements? That would seriously lower your costs, I imagine. Most reenactors don't mind conversions or repros as long as they have the look and feel, especially for these unobtanium items.

I engrave the tube, the ordnance cartouche and the Property of US. She only charges me $25 to do the receiver stuff. 50 watt laser and it takes literally 20 seconds and adds $200 to the value of the gun.

Last edited:
Very nice work! I always wanted a suppressed weapon, never made the jump though.
I kept a FFL for years, when Brady came about, went to a Curio & Relic. Did buy a Reising & M2 carbine on the C&R. Never will forget going to the Sheriffs office to get him to sign a form 4, lol. Told him what I wanted to buy, his response was "can't you just buy a machine gun that doesn't shoot"? My response - "would take the fun out of owning a machine gun, wouldn't it"? He kinda nodded his head a few times, said "yeah, guess it would", asked if I had a safe, then signed the form. That was back when MG's were 'reasonable'. I crgine now, seeing the prices.

Very nice work! I always wanted a suppressed weapon, never made the jump though.
I kept a FFL for years, when Brady came about, went to a Curio & Relic. Did buy a Reising & M2 carbine on the C&R. Never will forget going to the Sheriffs office to get him to sign a form 4, lol. Told him what I wanted to buy, his response was "can't you just buy a machine gun that doesn't shoot"? My response - "would take the fun out of owning a machine gun, wouldn't it"? He kinda nodded his head a few times, said "yeah, guess it would", asked if I had a safe, then signed the form. That was back when MG's were 'reasonable'. I crgine now, seeing the prices.
Well the good thing is you dont need them to sign off any more.

Well the good thing is you dont need them to sign off any more.
Really? Nice! I've not kept up with laws since way back then. Sold the MGs back in the 90s, let the C&R lapse in the early '00s.

I’m a little slow,,, what’s an SOT?
Special Occupational Tax, It's an "add-on" to a Federal Firearms License (manufacturing type) that allows the holder to manufacture items classified as Title 2 such as silencers.

An SOT is a Special Occupational Taxpayer; a Federal Firearms Licensee who pays a special annual tax in order to deal with a special class of firearms called NFA Firearms.

jack ivnes

Back