I Bought A New Welder, Yesterday

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The last thing I really need is another stick welder, I will admit to the ownership of at least 14-15 of them, probably a few more. I bought one of the small Harbor Freight Titanium 225, dual voltage (120/240), stick welder. The unit list for $250, mine was a display unit, they had reboxed and was in the ”special/clearance ” section for $205, I have looked at it for a couple of weeks, the manager (who I know real well), I offered him $100, without a pause he said yes. So I now own a new welder.

A group of friends usually go to the local Chinese Buffet, on Saturday, around lunch time, then hit Harbor Freight, Runnings, Tractor Supply, Lowe’s, Home Depot and if we going during the week the LWS and the local machine shop supply store. Between our visits, we usually satisfy the most of the shopping needs, we have, eat a lot and listen to some music and some serious BS, a good time is had by all. The pick-up truck rarely goes home empty.

I also want to hear more about the fleet (herd?) of stick welders.

Which models among them are good to work with? AC? DC? Inverter machines that can run 6010?

I have 3 stick welders. One of them, a 300 lb., 250-300A, 220V AC/DC Lincoln IdealArc that I’ve been trying to give away (for free!) for over a year!

Last edited:
I have the following stick welders

1 - Miller Dynasty 350
1 - Miller Maxstar 210
1 - Miller CST-280
3 - Miller Dialarcs
1 - Miller Maxstar 161
1 - Lincoln Invertec V-350pro
1 - Lincoln Invertec V-275S
2 - Lincoln Idealarcs
2 - Lincoln tombstones - ac
3 - Lincoln tombstones - ac/dc

plus mig welders

I have the following stick welders

1 - Miller Dynasty 350
1 - Miller Maxstar 210
1 - Miller CST-280
3 - Miller Dialarcs
1 - Miller Maxstar 161
1 - Lincoln Invertec V-350pro
1 - Lincoln Invertec V-275S
2 - Lincoln Idealarcs
2 - Lincoln tombstones - ac
3 - Lincoln tombstones - ac/dc

plus mig welders

I like this guy!

Your Saturday ritual sounds like a blast! Have you tried out the new welder yet?

Back