How To Change Collets?

I remember using those chucks too. If you don't tighten them they can slip. If I remember you use the handwheel to tighten then with the little slack in the wheel you slam it tighter. It been to many years, sorry. I do remember liking them.

There's a piece on the front that you have to pull out about 1/4". Once you did that, you give the handwheel piece a couple slams, up or down to loosed the collet. Like Bill said to tighten it slam it a couple of times to tighten. Once tighten, push the piece back in to lock in the handwheel.

There's a piece on the front that you have to pull out about 1/4". Once you did that, you give the handwheel piece a couple slams, up or down to loosed the collet. Like Bill said to tighten it slam it a couple of times to tighten. Once tighten, push the piece back in to lock in the handwheel.

Thanks, I had forgotten the locking part, to many years ago. Still they were a good chuck.

Used the collet chuck yesterday . Chucked a 1 in piece of unkoum and took off .250 the first pass, didn't seem to want to slip. Seems it will be handy for small stuff.
Thanks ron

Back