How do you put a 90deg bend using a shop press?

the one thing you do not tell us is do you intend to bend it on the length or width; on the width (2") no problem with 12 tons; on the length, it is another matter, and probably not possible.

the one thing you do not tell us is do you intend to bend it on the length or width; on the width (2") no problem with 12 tons; on the length, it is another matter, and probably not possible.
I intend on bending the steel across the 2" width. I would only bend aluminum across the length.

Thanks!
Jon

Not sure if this link to my photobucket will work. I think this is probably my first post other than the into. Anyway..... I made a simple brake from some angle iron and it works great for the size your talking about. My press is a 20ton, but the 12 should handle it easily too.

th_ShpPress3.jpg

[URL=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/mklotz70/Projects/shop%20projects/Shop%20Press/100_5628.mp4]th_100_5628.jpg
[/URL]

th_ShpPress3.jpg

th_100_5628.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know if the hydraulic pump on the harbor freight press an be upvraded to the type that does not require pumping, but has a hand held remote that controls the movement of the ram.

Thanks,
Jon

Anyone know if the hydraulic pump on the harbor freight press an be upvraded to the type that does not require pumping, but has a hand held remote that controls the movement of the ram.

Thanks,
Jon
Yes, I have the 20 ton version of the one pineyfolks linked to on my 20 ton HF press. It works great! Well worth the money. I got tired of pumping by hand. It's at least 3-4 times faster than pumping by hand.

Back