How do I keep my wife from telling me I told you so?

I have a Wayne like the one you are looking at. It is about 8 years old and has held up well. The original Wayne charger was floating the battery at too high a voltage and boiling off electrolyte. I had to add water every month. I replaced the Wayne charge circuit with a BatteryMinder to fix the problem.

The decision to buy these things was usually driven by the wife, not the husband....

John
LOL that's partly true for me, My wife works electronically and can't afford to be down for long, while I was thinking about and researching generators, it probably wouldn't have happened as soon, without her pushing for it. I wanted a Cummins but it would have been a long wait, so we wound up buying a Kohler, so far it's worked well.

I have a Wayne like the one you are looking at. It is about 8 years old and has held up well. The original Wayne charger was floating the battery at too high a voltage and boiling off electrolyte. I had to add water every month. I replaced the Wayne charge circuit with a BatteryMinder to fix the problem.
Its good to get a recommendation from someone here on the exact same pump I'm looking at. I'm going to talk with my wife and see if I buy if she can help me enlarge the sump in the ditch behind my shop to add the extra pump. After my stroke bending over digging and walking around in the mud isn't easy for me. I already fell in the ditch the first day I got flooded.

Zoeller pumps don't fail but the built in float switches sure do. I replaced so many of those in my sump that I finally went with a Level Guard solid state switch.

We pulled 2 five hp Zoeller pumps out this fall. At least 300lbs each. Float switches may have failed because we found the flout stitches out of the manhole and on the ground and pumps (were), (had been) running full time. The 200' of wiring had melted and burned out the control panel. The poor customer is at $60k to date, temp lift station working fine while we await the control panel. The pumps were $12k each.

I installed a Zoeller submersible well pump last year. I hope your comment about them not failing applies to their well pumps too.

You could do a lot worse I'm guessing. No question Zoeller is a high quality brand.

So, what did the wife say?

Busted me. Got the dreaded "look".

The look is much worse than a "I told you so" I figure it will be at least two weeks worth until she grows tired of giving me crap about it.

I deserve it I guess. Should have thought of all possibilities before opening my big fat mouth :frown:

Busted me. Got the dreaded "look".

The look is much worse than a "I told you so" I figure it will be at least two weeks worth until she grows tired of giving me crap about it.

I deserve it I guess. Should have thought of all possibilities before opening my big fat mouth :frown:
Well, we can always learn:)

Once you have the car running just make sure to point out how she saved the seats every time you two go for a ride….

John

Well crap. I'm flooded again. Pump is working fine but we had a lot of rain, way more than we have ever had. Pump is working fine, I think it just got overwhelmed.

I don't want to buy a second pump, I think I'll see if the zoeller pump float switch is bad and hopefully can add it as a second pump.

Back