Hobbyist Surface Grinder, Is There Such A Thing?

doogledee

Registered
Registered
Hi everybody,
I have been looking at surface grinders lately and I really want one, but I can not fit a big machine in the shop. Is there such a thing as a benchtop surface grinder?
I am a hobbyist, and do not need a machine capable of production work, It is also ok if it is a slow machine, I have time :)

Hopefully someone will give me some hints :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 6x12 is about as small as you'll find. I have a Boyar-Schultz that has a footprint of about 20"x20" and would fit on a bench.

Yes. I just sold a table top Sanford surface grinder last summer to a member here on the board. It is the smallest 110V grinder I've ever seen, unfortunately they have been out of business for a long time and don't come up for sale all that often.

Thanks for the replies everybody. I have resigned myself to having to buy a new one as I live in Norway and have never seen one second hand, and I highly doubt having one shipped from the US and then converted for 220v single phase would be worth it. Ko lee brand seems to be worth looking into some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I just sold a table top Sanford surface grinder last summer to a member here on the board. It is the smallest 110V grinder I've ever seen, unfortunately they have been out of business for a long time and don't come up for sale all that often.

Could/would you or share the price for what it sold( ball park)?Or PM

I sold a bunch of machinery off this summer to make room for a new lathe. I think I sold the Sanford for $750. I had a WTS add here, you can probably find out for sure with a search.

Back