Hitachi wj200 & braking resistor...need help!

Your very welcome Pete!

Just think it was only less than 5 months ago I didn't know one end from the other when it came to frequency drives. Now I am grateful to be able to offer help to others.

After all this is the place where a large portion of my help came from.

Here are a few of the names from this forum that offered me help to get my machine running. In no particular order and sorry if I missed anyone!

Rick_B
Nightshift
SEK_22Hornet
Pacer
DMS

Thanks Fella's!!!!!!:applause:

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Last edited:
Adding my sincere thanks too to Brian. With the correct 35ohm 400watt resistor he linked and his settings I am down to .5 second starts and .75 stops on my 3hp Millport CNC Knee Mill and that is with a shars 3" facemill on a NMTB30 shell mill tool holder. I will post a video of it tomorrow.

Thank You.

Mike just glad I could offer assistance! Glad you got things running! Looking forward to the video.

Re: Hitachi wj200 & braking resistor...need help!

Video on youtube now up.

[video=youtube;zoioVIs6eis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoioVIs6eis[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

P4020049_zps4b652451.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Even with several quick starts and stops and reversals with the facemill it only just got warm - no red hot glowing or anything.

Last edited:
Thank you Brian for posting that brake info. I got farther with your one post then i have trying to understand the manual.

The correct braking resistor varies by VFD model number, voltage and type of braking required. The value is automatically detected by the VFD. The 1.5Kw model, 50-75 Ohms, 2.2Kw 35-65 Ohm, something of the order of 250-500W should work fine. There are inexpensive encapsulate versions with wires available for $20-25 .

WJ200 VFD Braking Resistor.jpg

The correct braking resistor varies by VFD model number, voltage and type of braking required. The value is automatically detected by the VFD. The 1.5Kw model, 50-75 Ohms, 2.2Kw 35-65 Ohm, something of the order of 250-500W should work fine. There are inexpensive encapsulate versions with wires available for $20-25 .

View attachment 100648

I have one of those also.... 35 Ohm, 500Watt. Mounted on the back of the cabinet.

Back