Help On the Threading Chart on a PM1130 Lathe

sportfan

Registered
Registered
The thread chart could be in Latin as far as I'm concerned. I just don't get it. I've threaded on bigger lathes but, never on one where I had to change gears. When I look at the gears that came on the machine, I don't see that combination on the chart. If someone could simplify it to top inner, next down inner and outter,next down inner and outter say for a 16tpi set up maybe I'd get it. Thanks for any help,I'm still learning (or trying to).

The manual doesn't appear to be available on the website. Can you post a pic of your threading chart?

chart.jpg

The resolution of the pic isnt very good, when I zoom in on it, the numbers are blurry enough that I can't tell one number from the other. This is what I can see:

So, it looks like for 16tpi, you need the gears arranged (top)60 tooth on -40-30-(bottom)60, (60 tooth drives the 40, which drives the 30, which drives the bottom 60 tooth), but all the shafts appear labeled Z1, due to the blurriness

Last edited:
It copied really clear on my computer. This may work for you, save it to photos and then enlarge it.

I think I've got it. I'll go give it a try, thanks for your help.

Back