Help for my aging eyes.

Old topic but I just bought some Dental Loupes on Amazon myself and I'm very pleased with the long focal length. I got the ones with the flip up/down and it's perfect with an exceptionally powerful bright LED light. :)
can you put out which ones you got. I want to take a look at some of them. Thanks

Yeah I picked these up off Amazon. Below are the description and link for the setup. $53, can't complain and I've used them for several operations, mostly setups which go a lot better since I am getting closer especially if using a measuring tool along with the loupes. The key thing is I'm not right up on the part which usually is your loupes in the spindle. Even if you've got perfect eyes, there's a reason dentist use these effectively from a safe distance.

Aries Outlets 3.5x 420mm Working Distance Surgical Binocular Loupes Optical Glass with LED Head Light Lamp+Aluminum Box Black

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I1IUNI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Roger my problem is I need to find a set of the loops and light like that which I can clip or mount on a pair of my glasses.

Well most dental loupes are technically safety glasses so as long as you can get your glasses behind a standard set of safety glasses, I'd imagine you'll be fine. I'm not sure on your rx but I'm a 1 and 1.5 and I can see the magnified detail exceptionally well, even better than if I got up close to it with my normal eyes. Really any lens as long as it's focused for you and anyone else will give you better clarity than your own, natural eyes, whether they're good or bad. What changes things for Dental Loupes vs. Jeweler Loupes is the focal distance. That's really all that's special.

Back