Heavy 10 project

Excellent thread along with a now beautiful lathe . :encourage: I could live with my worn bed if I could get it to look this good .

I can see this thread is going to cost me some time and $$$$$$$ . :grin:

I can see this thread is going to cost me some time and $$$$$$$ . :grin:
Only a little, but it will so be worth it! And it will increase its value and make it a joy to use. I know this machine better than any machine I own, it has truly become my favorite machine.

Greg , gonna put you to work . 4 ft bed , serial number 6812RKR13 . Undermount , 1" spindle bore .Came from Carey Machine tool Sales in Baltimore . I'm familiar with Carey as it was around when " I was around " . :grin:

Have an idea as to what year it was manufactured ? Thanks , Dave .

I'm no expert on the serial numbers but a 1" bore tells me it's a 10k or heavy 9. If you really want to know about your lathe order a copy of the serial number card from Grizzly, itll tell you everything about your lathe. As far as I can tell your lathe was made after 1947, more likely between 50 and 55, but that's just a guess. Another good source for southbend info is www.swwells.com

Thanks , I was being lazy . I think there are some threads on HM that I can trace the info . I do know it's a heavy 10 for sure .

What's the difference ? :)

Back