Heard of Elk?

I'm glad I don't have Elk here. I'm just about fineshed with an 1800', 8' high deer fence. That would not hold out an Elk, at least I don't think so.

One time, my wife just got done doing the dishes. So she opened the kitchen door and threw out the water and closed the door. A couple of minutes later here was this strong smell. Yep, she got a skunk head on. One angry:burned up: skunk must had spun around and around and sprayed a full load at whatever it could. Still have a good laugh about that.:grin big:

One time, my wife just got done doing the dishes. So she opened the kitchen door and threw out the water and closed the door. A couple of minutes later here was this strong smell. Yep, she got a skunk head on. One angry:burned up: skunk must had spun around and around and sprayed a full load at whatever it could. Still have a good laugh about that.:grin big:
Almost a nitely visitor here the last few weeks. I looked it up ,and found they don't like citrus smell, so I've been throwing my orange peels out around the house. It worked.

The last thing I want aside from my wife screaming to do something is for my dog to go out and play catch the skunk...

I did that a few years ago at 11pm at night with my previous pup... that was a stinking night... bath with peroxide and baking soda, the whole house smelled for 2 weeks. My wife was still working and the kids would say there's a skunk in the school...... :laughing:

On a train trip. Saw an elk. Said to my buddy, "Looks at the rack on that one". Our ladies got all bent out of shape.

Elk poop is quite a bit larger than deer poop. And elk are less skittish, maybe because they are bigger. Herds are a mixed bag. Really cool to have them visit, but annoying and not hygienic when they hang around. Still better than cows though.

Back