Heard of Elk?

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've not only heard of 'em, I seen 'em! Today as I was going to get the grocery pickup, I came upon a herd of at least 20, including 2 bulls, crossing the highway a couple of miles from the house. Unfortunately by the time I got the car stopped and the camera on my phone loaded they were disappearing into the tree line. I've been up here 16 years and this is only my second sighting. The first was a lone cow on the back road coming home from a night of "socializing".

Well, depending on your degree of socializing, you may not have seen an actual elk at all.

I have similar apparitions when over socializing myself. Last time it was a candy striped ground hog.

we camped near Mt. Rainier on a road trip and came out of our tent to come face to face with a small group of elk. They weren't bothered in the slightest and continued eating our neighbours food that they'd left out.

Elk taste REALLY good too.

Mr Whoopee, 2 bull is an unusual sight. This time of year they are competing for the female. Normally one wouldn't be around, but 2...

Never elk, did see a mouse in our backyard in Mn when young. Impressive as it straddled a 4' barb wire fence without scraping it's belly.

I see these varmints up on the property all the time . I don't believe they are friendly . I think I would rather face off with a moose . o_O

I see these varmints up on the property all the time . I don't believe they are friendly . I think I would rather face off with a moose . o_O
probably not. I saw a moose go after a mountain biker one time, the moose won. I have never seen a fisher, I often hear what I think is a fox sounding like a rabbit screaming, and the fisher is known to do the same... but I think it's a fox, as we have an abundant fox population around here. Both Fox and fishers have nasty looking needle teeth... would hate to find a rabbid one.

Back