Harbour freight 44991 mill/drill

Attachments

• Hoss X2 Belt Drive Plans.pdf
    467.6 KB · Views: 26
  • MiniMill Belt drive conversion drawings.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 22
The belt drive is definitely something I'd like. Most of my purchases are cash purchases. Try to keep things off the credit cards as that flusters the wardens feathers.

I have a separate checking account and debit card for making online purchases. I told them I absolutely did not want overdraft protection on it. I keep a balance of between $50 - $70 dollars in it. When I want to make a purchase I transfer the necessary amount in and make the purchase immediately. This protects me from any large (over my base balance) fraudulent charges, keeps my main account and credit card information off the internet, and has the added benefit of my purchases not showing up on our regular statements.

Hahaha. Oh man. That'd be divorce country for sure.
I don't need toys that badly. If I needed to get something significant online, I'll just tell her and deal with the "why do you need that, you don't need that" argument.

Have the profile hogged out for the small motor pulley done before I ran out of time.
Really relying on the dro here... something's not as accurate as I'd like. I mic the diameter of the piece, touch off, zero, then calculate the cut I want to make. It doesn't always work out in the numbers... I generally creep up to the final dimension and just mic till I'm where I want to be. Sometimes the dro is off by .010". Odd..
I usually account for backlash, the scale is mounted well, the work piece isn't getting hot and expanding. Not sure why it does that.

IMAG0865.jpg

well.. the gears arrived today. got yelled at for buying more "crap", lol.
they came pretty quickly, even from the states, gotta like that.
MONGO problem i noticed with the gears tho..... i ordered the wrong ones!
i ordered the gear set for the MT3 lathe/mill. luckily tho, the actual transmission gear that broke fits fine. the spindle gear is the wrong one.
got most of the mill back together, got the x & y DRO mounted. it runs, its not overly loud. can probably thank the fact that i still have a plastic gear in there. and loaded with high pressure grease.
ill continue in a few days when i have time again. but im glad its working again.
im gonna get moving on that belt conversion tho, i dont like that plastic gear in there still...

im gonna get moving on that belt conversion tho, i dont like that plastic gear in there still...
Sounds like a smart move, I don't have a personal experience with this belt conversion but based on what I've read so far it's the most rewarding and necessary upgrade for this type of mini mills with the "classic" motor/plastic gears.

Since I don't think too many people are watching this thread, I'll pose this to you, royesse.
I trammed the head. Have it within .0005" from side to side, but there is .003" difference from front to back... that's quiet a bit! Is that to be expected? I see no way to correct that.

Also, holy weak column. Shocking amount of flex.

Ladies... I have chips...and I didn't break it!

But it's on my bench, which is on cabinets, connected to an interior house wall. So the vibration reverberates through the house like a freight train....it's midnight, I got told to be quiet. Lol.

IMAG0883.jpg

Back