harbor freight class action lawsuit gets your recipts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't insult vultures by comparing them to people like this...

Everyone involved in this suit knew what they were paying for the items they purchased when they bought them... they had a choice to buy at HF or go somewhere else.... if HF priced the product too high, why did these people buy them to start with?

It all comes down to greed... simple greed.

They wanted the items, and were willing to pay HFs price for them... but then lawyers got involved...

Sorry if I step on any toes here, but I have too much pride, and I hold myself to a higher standard than to lower myself to the level of these types of suits...

-Bear

When I purchase at Harbor Freight I know what the price is and usually use a 20% or 25% off coupon. I know the quality level and I know the compare to prices are just marketing hype. I don't see where HF did anything to harm me and in fact I have always received a good deal from them. Therefore I will not feed the greedy lawyers or blame HF for any bad decisions I made in purchasing products from them. The guy that started this class action is just as greedy as the lawyers he is feeding.I would be embarrassed to start a suit that tells everyone I am too ignorant to know what i am purchasing is worth. This is what raises the prices for the rest of us. HF will make up the money they give out by raising prices.

Roy

Last edited:
Wasn't it Bob Heinlein in 'Number of The Beast' that had the protagonists settle in an ideal, healthy and just society, where the inhabitants didn't talk about 'The year they hanged the Lawyers'?

Dave H. (the other one)

I am a bit disappointed that HF didn't fight back. My experience is that their sale prices and "% off" were based on their (HF) retail pricing - and any time someone tells me to "Compare" that's what I do. I can compare a Volkswagen to a Mercedes - and the comparison shows me that are similar but different.

Same with HF - their stuff is 'comparable' - sometimes equal, sometimes not. We are not idiots.

This kerfuffle is rather a far stretch IMO. Of course, now that we are living in a nation of 'alternate facts' and attorneys being attorneys - well, there we are.

Perhaps we should all visit our HF, spend a few bucks on something at full price and not take the 20% discount - and give them a vote of confidence.

Stu

Some things are obvious but JUDGES allow folks to be stupid.

Just look at commercials where ridiculous things ate going on and there is fine print explaining that it is fiction...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Unless you were damaged, and were unhappy with what you agreed to pay for an item, I would encourage you not to become part of this class action suit.
Class action suits consider you guilty unless you can prove your inosence and are the lifeline of bloodsucking plaintiff lawyers.
If you like HF, give them a break.

I actually got a $15 check once from a class action lawsuit against Straight Talk because the claimed unlimited data, but it really wasn't (or something to that extent). I didn't do anything to get it. It just showed up in the mail. So, to say no one ever gets anything isn't necessarily true. You may not get much but could get some. However, I have no intention of filing a claim for this one. I like to shop at harbor freight and won't be participating in something that will cause them (or their customers) bigger problems.

That's what I figured , thru mine out the same day it came. I hate what lyers have done to this country.

I was involved in a class action law suit against a computer reseller. They knowing sent out puters with faulty hard drives. I lost some business information that was hard to replace. Just aggravating. They sent out a replacement, which kept crashing. Sent out another that kept crashing. They finally got one to crash at their place and felt bad about the trouble and sent Me a brand new Gateway upon which I am typing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back