Grizzly Lathes at Home Depot

It would be awesome if they put a couple on the shelf. I may have bought one of those by now if I could have seen it in person.

It would be awesome if they put a couple on the shelf. I may have bought one of those by now if I could have seen it in person.

Home depot is so stupid! They would put the lathe 6 feet up in the air on a shelf where you couldn't see it as well as you could see it online. I was shopping for a Milwaukee cordless vac, HD had it on a shelf up in the air 6 feet and I couldn't even see the top, back or sides of it. Evidently HD is a bunch of morons that don't understand retail!

Best buy is just as bad. When I am shopping for a HDTV I want to look at the remote and go through the interface to see if I like how the software works. You can't hardly buy a bad looking screen anymore so it comes down to the human interface and reliability.

Idiots!

Harbor Freight learned long ago to not put their metalworking machine tools on display in the store. Even if you set it up perfect some rube will come along and mess it up so potential buyers will think it's junk.

Sad truth is, unless you're shopping at the top end or buying used chances of actually putting your hands on a mill or lathe you want to buy are pretty low. This site is great for real world reports on various new machines, even some owners who are willing to let someone come by their shop to see what the tool actually looks like.

John

Back