Getting the new knee mill off the pallet

Another 'taking a mill off a pallet' vide is by Clough42:

It wanted to swing away from the hoist and to the right, but I already know that, so I tied the base of the mill to the back of the hoist with a ratchet strap and did the same to the right side of the base

20201217-150051.jpg
Perfect. Many thanks.
@K Hood - Welcome to the forum! I sincerely send you my very best wishes for a successful lift and pallet removal. Be safe!

PS - What model 935 did you get - the TV or TS. And which motor? I just looked through the manual, and it looks like a GREAT mill!
I ended up going with the single phase 220V motor without the inverter, so the TS model. I've had some bad luck with VFDs, and I still like the old school aspect of pulleys. Having said that, even though I like keeping track of where I am with the dials, everyone said it is a must have, so I also opted for the DRO,

I asked a similar question on another site, about 10-15 yrs ago, one of the comments, they said burn it out from underneath the mill, after that comment, everything said totally useless, this thread has not fallen to that level.

I ended up going with the single phase 220V motor without the inverter, so the TS model. I've had some bad luck with VFDs, and I still like the old school aspect of pulleys. Having said that, even though I like keeping track of where I am with the dials, everyone said it is a must have, so I also opted for the DRO,
I can endorse your VFD decision ... added DROs to various lathes and mills over the years, and always happy I did so. If nothing else, it gets rid of the backlash issue!

I asked a similar question on another site, about 10-15 yrs ago, one of the comments, they said burn it out from underneath the mill
Isn't that what an oxyacetylene torch is for??? ... or is it supposed to have other occasional uses? :)

I love usinmg lifts like ddickey suggests, except, they usually don't lift quite high enough for my needs...

I've thought about modifying the one I bought, but then I just gave in and bought a genie lift, used.....

Probably still not high enough but this one was extra tall. You might've noticed in the chart this weighed over 500lbs.

Back