Garage sale find today

Matt the muppett: Have you moved? I thought you were in Pennsylvania.

Yup, from deepest darkest Pennsylvania to deepest darkest Washington state :) got a 1 year teaching job at a small college here which will hopefully get me where I want to be next year. Still using that collet chuck of yours, in fact I just finished making another collet for it, a 6mm one for some roughing end mills I got off eBay!

Sorry for the hijack alloy!

Matt,are you prepared for a LOT of rain? I lived in Seattle when in the #rd grade. Then,off to Ketchikan Alaska for 6 years. 13 feet of rain a year. Next to the most rainy place on Earth one year. It was some place in India.

Matt the muppett: Have you moved? I thought you were in Pennsylvania.

Ah, not that part of the NW, we're in the "desert" in the center. It's rained twice in over a month and the first time it evaporated before it hit the ground :)

The dry side of Washington is seriously dry, even Seattle doesn't get that much rain (30in), it is just cloudy between September and July. After spending most of my life there I moved to Oslo Norway and the winters are much nicer here at 60deg North. The machine tool offerings are also better by far, the only issue is the lack of shop space.

Back