Garage sale find today

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Got these for $10 today. Two 1/4" Dumont broaches, one 1" 82 deg countersink, and a 3/4" carbide insert boring bar

Me..........happy camper :biggrin:

20140815_123838.jpg

20140815_123838.jpg

That is obviously scrap metal, I will be happy to dispose of it for you. :roflmao:

That's a very generous offer. But I'm not sure they are even worth gas money to come get them :)

If you need to borrow a broach just let me know.

You won't find that sort of thing at garage sales around here!! Up in Pennsylvania,where they used to have industry I have found a few machinist's tools,but down here? Good luck. We have a few ship yards,at least.

Funny you mention ship yards. That's where she said her husband worked.

She had an old HF drill press that she wanted $500 for. Said it was "shipyard" quality. I didn't even try to burst her bubble on it. Not my place to do that.

crazy to let that lot go for $10 and ask $500 for an old HF DP! Good find though. From what I've seen around here garage sales are full of overpriced junk, so it's hard to summon up much enthusiasm for them.

Occasionally you find gold at sales. I look for ads on CL that say tools and have pictures. I've been to sales that say tools and they have a few old screwdrivers and old power tools with dead batteries. Awhile back I did find a Milwaukee M18 1/2" cordless drill for $50 and took a chance on it. It's the best drill I've ever had bar none. The chuck actually grips and it will twist your wrist pretty good if the bit jams.

I was so impressed with the drill I bought a 3/8" impact that uses the same batteries. I pulled the tires off my Blazer last week using it. I also bought a sawzall. At work we have Ryobi drills we use to deburr parts and they suck. I bring my drill in and use it instead. It's constantly being borrowed.

Matt the muppett: Have you moved? I thought you were in Pennsylvania.

No been in Vancouver since the early 80's.

i need some of your good ju-ju down here.
iv'e been looking for good broaches cheap, as kind of a scavenger hunt game i like to play.
excellent score!!!
if you want to ever dry out, come down to California.
Maybe my neighbors will put out offerings like the the ones your neighbors present you with.:jester:

Back