G9972Z DRO and Brushless VFD mods

Hi rich.
How is the machine performing now that you have been using it for a few months?
Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,
The lathe over all is performing outstanding. A lot of torque and the large range of speeds operation is a really nice bonus feature. My only minor issue is i occasionally observe some slight rpm fluctuations (not touching the speed selector dial) . The speed selector pot dial switch is quite sensitive to movement.

My only minor issue is i occasionally observe some slight rpm fluctuations (not touching the speed selector dial) . The speed selector pot dial switch is quite sensitive to movement.
Dan's website says the motor is spec'd for 60Hz (what we use in the US) but I wonder if the control unit (or any of it's components) might be 50Hz, as used in China?

I don't know squat about electronics, so take that with a pound of salt. I only raise it because a friend bought some fancy industrial sanders for his flooring business and had trouble with every one of them. The US distributor and the manufacturer (in Europe) finally figured out that our 60Hz power frequency wasn't playing nice with their electronic bits designed and tested for 50Hz...

Back