G0755 draw bar

I see, sounds like you just need to buy more hammers anyway. :)

Of course everyone is different but I prefer to use a hard plastic face hammer for tapping down parts. Brass can dent aluminum or other soft parts if not careful. I do sometimes use copper drifts for tapping down parts but the drifts are small & I don't use them on aluminum.

This is a very good, light dead blow with a non-marring replaceable face. Works for tapping stuff down in the vise, loosening a drawbar and killing centipedes! Wiha makes good stuff.

I was trying to behave. I could have easily posted pictures of what I use as an example. ;)

Those Wiha hammers Mike linked ARE very nice! I used to use the very same one (I think I had the smallest size) for tapping down parts. I gave it to my little brother though.

Yep, looks the smallest one is what I had. Face was tiny on the one I had, I never tried using it on the draw bar.

Img_9701.jpg

Ah what the heck. Since Mike took care of you on this one & I'm in the clear..... :D

From right to left: draw bar hammer (lives there on the table), draw bar ratcheting wrench (fits both nuts on my draw bar 19mmx17mm), vise tappy tapper, and the 2 on the left are for.... well I just wanted them. :big grin:

20200612_235311.jpg

You can screw extensions in the handle?

No, it's a handle-less dead blow hammer. Made by Nupla USA, called the Handi-Hammer. They come in 2 sizes. That's the larger size.

No the OSCA's

No. Those are just plugs I guess. I guess it has to do with manufacturing. The handles have an aluminum core or something like that. I forget.

Back